How To Inflate Exercise Ball In 7 Simple Steps
An exercise ball is useful for a quick workout because it can work your core, stability, arms, legs, and back. It can also be used as a weight for light workout sessions. An exercise ball should have the correct amount of air inside it to be effective for your workout.. If you notice that it feels softer than before or if it looks much smaller, follow this guide on how to inflate exercise ball in a few simple steps.
How Much To Inflate?
If you have a newly bought exercise ball, check all the contents of the box before you begin inflating the ball. Contents of a typical exercise ball box would be the exercise ball, a hand pump, an instruction card, and the plug and in some cases, a plug remover. When taking the ball out of the box, take the time to also inspect for any damages such as cuts or holes that would make the ball unusable. Call the store you bought it from, and have it replaced immediately if it is damaged.
To pump up an exercise ball, you can make use of the hand pump that comes with it, or if you’re more comfortable using a bicycle pump or an air compressor that is plugged in, you may go ahead and use that instead. Take note that you may need to use the cone-shaped adapter that comes with the ball if you are using a different pump.
Once you’re ready to start inflating, check the recommended size of the ball. Since these exercise balls come in different sizes, be sure that you will be inflating it to the correct diameter. Most exercise balls will have the recommended size printed on the box or on the ball itself. Here’s a general guide in case you can’t find the correct diameter:
- For a 55 cm ball, inflate it to 22 inches
- For a 65 cm ball, inflate it to 26 inches
- For a 75 cm ball, inflate it to 30 inches
- For an 85 cm ball, inflate it to 34 inches
Inflating Your Exercise Ball
Follow these steps on how to pump up an exercise ball the correct way.
- Take the ball out of the box and allow it to get to room temperature first before inflating. This step would make it much easier for you to inflate the ball.
- To be sure that you will inflate the ball to the correct size, measure the distance from a wall and place the box at the distance of the recommended size.
- Insert the pump into the ball and start to inflate. If you are using a hand pump, this should take about 5 to 10 minutes depending on the size of your ball.
- It is recommended to first fill the ball to around 80% of the recommended diameter to allow the rubber to stretch out further. The ball should feel firm and round. Place the ball in between the wall and the box to check the measurements. Note that if you are trying to add air to an already inflated ball, there is no need to wait the 24 hours, you can inflate it directly to 100%.
- Place the plug in the ball and let it sit for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the plug and insert the pump again. You will notice that the ball now feels softer. Pump air into the ball until it reaches the correct size.
- Place the plug in. You are now ready to use the exercise ball.
This guide on how to inflate exercise ball will help you get the most out of each workout. Be sure to regularly check if your ball lacks air. Inflating is so easy that you will never skip your workouts just because of a deflated exercise ball again.