What Is A Recumbent Exercise Bike: Do You Need One?
Are you wondering what is a recumbent exercise bike? It is a bicycle that places the user in a laid-back reclining position. Many riders prefer this type of design for ergonomic reasons.
Most people say that recumbent bikes are more comfortable compared to other equipment because of its reclining position. The recumbent bike lets you relax your upper body muscles and focuses on your lower body and cardiovascular system. Because of its reclining layout, users have the chance to watch television or even read while exercising. The circumstances encourage them to stay longer on the bike without getting bored. As you say, the duration is essential in exercising to attain its full benefits. Just a reminder, do not let the distractions diminish the concentration and intensity of your workout routine.
Recumbent vs. Upright
Let us know the difference between a recumbent exercise bike and an upright exercise bike.
A recumbent bike is in a laid-back position. Your body reclines as you sit down. The pedals are positioned at the front of the body and have a large seat. It offers full back support paving the way to a comfortable sitting position. It is just like sitting in an office chair. The recumbent exercise bike reduces the tension in the upper body as well as muscle fatigue. Also, it focuses on the lower body. It has a low and high impact on cardio exercise.
Meanwhile, a stationary bike comes in a traditional position. Best to imagine a conventional bike you ride outdoors. Positioned under the bikes' body are the pedals. The upright position may cause upper body tension or fatigue. The bike also has a small seat and has limited support for the body.
The recumbent exercise bike and the Upright bike have less effect on your joints, unlike other cardio equipment, such as treadmills.
Benefits Of Recumbent Exercise Bike
Using a recumbent exercise bike has the following benefits:
- Full back support whether in a low or high workout plan
- Joints are less stressed
- Best for users with low back injuries. The Reclined position is comfortable on the lumbar spine
- Prevents saddle soreness because of the comfortable large seat
- Serves as an excellent indoor workout with no worries about weather inclement
- Aides people undergoing rehab after an injury and with cardiac limitations
Important Points To Remember
- Ensure the position of the recumbent bike, so all parts are safe to use.
- Provide adequate space for the Exercise bike to avoid accidents.
- Check the position of the handlebar and height of the seat before you begin your workout. Find your perfect and proper place to have a useful exercise.
Recumbent bike helps in alleviating the back discomfort you often feel. Also, the bike offers extra support to achieve an effective cardiovascular workout. Now that you know what is a recumbent exercise bike, you might consider having one in the comfort of your home. Just a reminder not to waste your efforts if you are not determined enough to workout. Always be at your best from physical, mental, and emotional aspects for a rewarding physical activity.